Nachum welcomed Mrs. Rivka Kahan, Principal and Talmud Teacher at Ma’yanot Yeshiva High School for Girls in Teaneck, NJ to this morning’s JM in the AM to discuss the Ma’ayanot Annual Community Yom Iyun. The full schedule is below.
- Keynote by Rabbi Zev Prince: Soles on Fire: Neilat Ha’Sandal, Baring our Souls by Uncovering our Feet
- With additional shiurim offered members of our distinguished faculty, including:
- Mrs. Rivka Kahan:
Reading Between the Lines: The Kriyot HaTorah of Rosh Hashana as a Roadmap for the Yamim Noraim
- Mrs. Gabrielle Berger (a Ma’ayanot alumna!)
Gedalyah, Yosef, and the Daughters of Tzlafchad: Digging Deeper into Tzom Gedalyah
- Rabbi Donny Besser
Synergies of the Season: Exploring the Interplay of Teshuva, Tefilla and Tzedaka
- Mrs. Suzanne Cohen
Does God Prefer the Teshuva of a Tzaddik or the Teshuva of a Rasha? : The Case of Chizkiyahu vs. Menashe
- Mrs. Shiffy Friedman (a Ma’ayanot alumna!)
Are our Fasts and Prayers Pleasing to G-d?
- Mrs. Leah Herzog
Unity through Separation
- Mrs. Shifra Schapiro
Seeking God: What the Fast-Day Haftarah Tells Us about Our Limitations and Aspirations
- Mrs. Yael Weil
Akeidat Yitzchak and the Sacrificial Life
- Our Annual Yom Iyun is generously sponsored by:
- The Staiman family in commemoration of the yahrtzeit of Mr. Staiman’s father, Shalom Tzvi ben Aharon, Sholom Staiman, z”l, grandfather of Leora (’05), Shifra (’06), Atara (’09) and Etana (’12);
- And by Ms. Deena Yellin and Dr. Moshe Fuksbrumer and family in commemoration of the 23rd yahrtzeit of their beloved sister, Judith Yellin, z”l, aunt of Meital (’20).
- Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, contact Pam Ennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.